I recently had the privilege of being interviewed by Zac of Adherent Apologetics on YouTube live. We discussed my role as a missionary and my journey into Christian apologetics. Watch the video here and check out the list of questions below.
- 0:48 – What is your family background?
- 4:38 – Was there a time when you fazed away from youth faith?
- 6:33 – What led you to become a missionary in the Dominican Republic?
- 9:30 – What did you do in the Dominican Republic?
- 13:00 – What was the Dominican response to having Haitians in the country?
- 14:15 – What caused your transition from the DR back to California?
- 16:49 – What do you teach and who do you teach?
- 19:36 – What led to your deeper dive into apologetics?
- 21:41 – Intellectually, why do students leave the faith?
- 26:26 – Why do you believe in God?
- 34:01 – Where do you start with unbelievers to introduce the concept of God?
- 36:49 – Do atheists lack a belief in God? Do extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?
- 40:55 – Why do you believe that Christianity has the right beliefs about who God is?
- 44:10 – How would you establish the historical facts for the resurrection of Jesus?
- 47:44 – What would you recommend for work on textual criticism?
- 49:06 – Did Moses believe in the Trinity? Why wasn’t the Trinity taught to Israel?
- 51:37 – How do you keep your personal, intimate relationship with God while doing the academic study of apologetics?
- 57:10 – How do you argue for the supernatural aspect of the Bible with a person who doesn’t believe in the supernatural?
Check out Zac’s YouTube channel here.